WHAT IS TESTOSTERONE?
All of our health & wellness programs like weight loss, IV nutritional therapy, etc. are medically-supervised to ensure safety and quality outcomes .
We believe that patients’ engagement in their health is essential to meaningful and sustainable outcomes. Therefore, we use different education and coaching approaches to empower each one of you to live healthily.
Our weight loss plans includes nutritional counseling, meal replacement products, natural supplements, vitamins, and IV nutrient therapy to promote and maintain better health.
What is Testosterone?
Testosterone is a hormone commonly associated with men, but is also found in women. Testosterone is a hormone secreted by the adrenal glands, testes, and ovaries. As a molecular messenger, it acts on many organs and tissues in your body.
- On your heart: Testosterone is known to protect against many chronic diseases such as cardiovascular disease, hypertension, arthritis, and obesity.
- On your sex:Low testosterone can reduce your ability to have satisfying sex. Testosterone is known to increase libido and sexual performance when used under medical supervision.
- On your brain:Testosterone affects your mood, energy level, sexual drive or libido, enhancement of well-being and vitality
- On your fat and muscles:It leads to improved lean muscle mass, tones the skin, increased bone density, reduced body fat, increased exercise tolerance, and improved lipid profile.
- On your bonesTestosterone is the hormone that plays a crucial role in male reproduction, muscle growth, bone mass, and body hair. It reduces the risk of osteoporosis and fractures.
Just like women go through “Menopause”, men experience the equivalent “Andropause”, which at times is ignored and many times is considered a taboo subject.
Testosterone plays a critical role in maintaining youthful neurological structure, alleviating depression, as well as inducing fat loss in those who are unable to reduce body weight regardless of diet and exercise.
Recent studies have demonstrated that low testosterone in men is strongly associated with metabolic syndrome, type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and an almost 50% increase in mortality over seven years. They also have shown that abdominal fat is linked to a higher death rate, especially in men. Therefore, If you are looking for a weight management program for men, you’ve found it. New Creation Health & Wellness understands that most men desire to lose weight in their midsection. Our weight loss programs for men help you tone your abdominal area and lose both subcutaneous and intra-abdominal fat. Besides, men who are overweight sometimes have low testosterone levels – that’s why we perform a total testosterone test on every single man in our practice.
Restoring testosterone to youthful ranges in men can result in an increase in insulin sensitivity as well as a reduction in total cholesterol, fat mass, waist circumference and pro-inflammatory cytokines associated with atherosclerosis, diabetes, and metabolic syndrome. Testosterone therapy can also significantly improve sexual desire and enhance functional capacity.
Testosterone may be administered, when clinically appropriate, through 1 of 2 methods, depending on the patient’s needs: intramuscular injections or transdermal applications.
Testosterone Cypionate is given by injection once every 7 to 14 days. Dosing is dependent on your age, testing results, and symptoms.
Testosterone is applied to the skin using a gel or cream daily. The concentration of testosterone in the blood goes up within a few doses.
Please call and visit us for your evaluation. You can benefit from our Low-T therapy if your test shows that you have low testosterone levels. At New Creation Health & Wellness, we care about the wellness of our male patients as well.